Monday, October 5, 2009

Week 3 Model

For week 3, we were required to document a space in the city and create a montage. I chose the water feature at Darling Harbour. We then had to make a model which related to aspects of our chosen site, and were able to use any materials we wished, though we had to say within the extruded A3 size limit.
The montage I created was quite simple, but I found it to be an effective way of expressing my idea. I used all black and white photos to ensure that i didn't distract from the actual forms. I was interested in the way in which all the curves of the water feature were created from geometric shapes and straight lines. I tried to illustrate that within my montage, creating the circular movement from simple rectangular photos and sketches. I attempted to follow this thought with my model, creating a spiral and a curved woven part from rectangular strips. I don't think, however, that it was as successful as it could have been.



No comments:

Post a Comment